Search This Blog

20 February 2011

Songs Of Now...

I've decided that I want to write a mini feature on songs I am particularly enjoying right now. 
They might not be new (though usually will be) and they may seem to be a bit of a random selection (perhaps enjoy them at different times to appreciate their awesomeness!) but this is what I have in my favourites at time of publishing.


1) Oxygen by Hadouken
I've chosen this song, and happen to have it playing right now as inspiration because I went on a little downloading spree earlier. Seeing as this weekend has had more focus on the hours of the night than the pre-noon time, I chose a fantastic song to keep you raving to. Its full of energy and when I saw them in Poole back in... October? You couldn't possibly keep still - you physically had no choice!

2) Jump Into The Fog by The Wombats
I adore this song. Perhaps it is because I just love typical indie rock bands, but I think its awesome when you can fit lyrics such as "I've made some bad decisions, I'll admit that freely It's just that life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in debauchery". The witty ones amongst you may have noticed I tweeted these line earlier. Songs like these are proven to be great when I find myself singing along to them in the middle of Dylans Bar without realising this is perhaps not the right social occasion to be belting out these tunes. 

3) Hello by Martin Solveig & Dragonette
This little number has been selected because its ridiculously feel good. It reminds me of summer, and with the video being one of Wimbledon it is the perfect help to sooth my craving for sunshine and general summer merriness! 

4) Someone Like You by Adele
This song defines beauty. Its wonderfully sung by the a-mezzingly talented Adele, who just captured everyones focus and completely stole the limelight at this years Brit awards. I find Adele's lyrics, especially in this song, are ones I can relate to. Singing about an ex, its sentiments charms me into believing that we are all together in how we react to losing someone important at that time of your life, even if only for a short time. I find its a great song to either have some alone time with or just to appreciate for the skill of Adele's vocal chords!
(I'm surprised I could ever put an artist who I used to have to listen to back to back for 2 years of my waiting life!)

5) Lover by Daniel & The Lion
Now part of me thought another post relating to Daniel & The Lion would perhaps be a bit too soon. However I have specific cause for choosing this song. Last week Daniel released many FREE (if caps didn't emphasize this enough) tracks of a special Valentines theme, and this perhaps coinciding with D&TL's biggest fan Claire Edwards getting engaged creates the perfect excuse to listening into this tune. Have a little listen in and you'll see why I need no more explanation.


I will bring you more songs to browse through next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment